Mobile Forensics Services
Powerhouse Forensics provides expert mobile forensics services.
Mobile phones and smartphones can contain large amounts of relevant information for an Powerhouse Forensics. These mobile devices can be a critical source of contact between parties. Regardless if the communication is in the form of text or email, the evidence may be recoverable regardless of whether it has been deleted or not.
The only way to know what is in the mobile device is to perform a technically correct forensic image of the device for electronic discovery.
Our digital forensics experts will discuss with you the details of your case. What is the basis of your request? First, is the mobile device in question recoverable? Many major standard cellular phones, smartphones, and other mobile devices can be imaged, data extracted, and the details of the devices downloaded and put in a format that is most usable for you. However, some phones and smart devices can’t be recovered.
Create an adequate forensic copy of the mobile device is critical in the process. The tools available online can sometimes recover a few text messages. However, these tools do not create an extensive recovered copy usable in court.
Imaging a smartphone is similar to the process we use to image a computer hard drive, as smartphones and laptops are becoming more and more similar. If the case may end up in court, we recommend keeping a forensic copy of the digital image. This lets you know that your evidence is safe, secure, and ready for court.
Once the forensic image is created, we extract the information and put it in a format that is searchable and can be reviewed quickly and intelligently. The reports highlight the deleted emails and text messages. The reports also report web history, documents, searches, and other discoverable digital information.
- Sample Mobile Phone Report — This report shows the analysis of a mobile phone. This phone provided lists, including calls made and received, the phonebook, and SMS messages. Others may contain more, including calendars, pictures, and recordings. Not all data types are available or can be recovered from all phones.
- Sample Chat Report — Some chat programs log the conversations that take place. This report shows what information may be found on computers used to chat via the Internet.
Powerhouse Forensics uses the latest technology to interface directly with mobile phones to look at a much deeper level of the phone than just the visible apps. We use several tools, including the Cellebrite UFED Physical Pro forensic phone analyzer and Paraben Device Seizure, and BitPim, to able to connect to and query mobile phones, obtain and download file system dumps, and perform full physical phone images for mobile forensics. We then use the information obtained and imaged from the phone to search it against our database of mobile phone spyware utilities, tracking apps, and monitoring programs.
Cases handled by Powerhouse Forensics have included:
- iPhone forensics including the recovery of phone logs, contact lists, text, email, web history, and images
- Android-based smartphones including recovery of phone logs, contact lists, text, email, web history, and images
- Microsoft CE-based smartphone including phone logs, contact lists, text, email, web history, and images
- Non-Smart, basic cellular phones, including recovery of text, phone logs, and contact lists
Make sure you choose a licensed and certified provider! An improper gathering of mobile forensic information by someone without a Private Investigators’ license and certification as a Digital Forensic Expert can compromise the use of information in civil or criminal court.
The mobile forensics tools used by the digital forensics experts at Powerhouse Forensics are high-end, one-source solutions for the electronic discovery of electronically stored information such as texts, emails, web history, phone directories, and other types of data stored on today’s mobile devices. Our tools can often change recovery user passwords and GPS locations.
Powerhouse Forensics can handle over 3,000 different types of cellular phones, smartphones, tablets, and GPS devices.