Forensics Case Studies
Family Law – Fidelity, Divorce, Child Custody — With over fifty percent of marital infidelity starting online, the ability to properly carry out computer forensic investigations is a critical skill set provided by Powerhouse Forensics.
Intellectual Property Theft — Certain steps must be taken to prove that information was removed in violation of company policy and is being used in such a way that violates this policy. Powerhouse Forensicss helps using both digital forensic and traditional private investigative services.
Non-Compete Enforcement — The enforcement of the best written non compete agreements can be difficult. Many companies are now using non-compete contracts with employees to ensure that present and former workers are not collaborating with competitors or using private company information or trade secrets at another company.
Fraud — Whether its the theft of intellectual property, embezzlement, the deletion of key files, emails and data or the hiding of assets Powerhouse Forensics’s computer forensics team will help you to gather the digital evidence you need using advanced investigation tools.
Embezzlement — You suspect that your controller is embezzling money from your business. How do you prove it, document it and get the evidence you need?
Network Breach — For some of our clients, where the protection of intellectual property is essential to the success of the business, network testing is a fundamental aspect in preventing theft of the intellectual property.
- A major retail company hires a digital forensics company to investigate a data breach that resulted in the theft of sensitive customer information. The forensic team is able to identify the source of the breach, recover the stolen data, and provide evidence that leads to the arrest and conviction of the hackers.
- A financial institution hires a digital forensics company to investigate an insider trading case. The forensic team is able to uncover evidence of illegal activity by a high-level employee, leading to their dismissal and criminal charges.
- A technology company hires a digital forensics company to investigate a suspected intellectual property theft by a former employee. The forensic team is able to recover stolen code and provide evidence that leads to a successful lawsuit against the ex-employee.
- A law firm hires a digital forensics company to assist in a high-profile civil lawsuit. The forensic team is able to uncover key evidence in the form of emails and documents, which helps to secure a favorable outcome for the firm's client.
- A government agency hires a digital forensics company to investigate a suspected cyber espionage case. The forensic team is able to identify the source of the attack, recover stolen data and provide evidence that leads to the arrest and conviction of the foreign actors.